Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cupcakes:)

Good Afternoon Y'all!

Today I'm introducing the Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cupcake.



This Cupcake is very very simple to make, and has a couple variations.

For example:

You can either make a chocolate base cake,
a white cake with ground chocolate chips,
or you can use hot cocoa mix in your cake batter to give it an authentic taste,

Also,
You may use a cream cheese or buttercream base for the icing.
All you have to do is add melted peppermint bark, and three drops of peppermint extract.

Another variation you can try is marshmallows.
I put four mini marshmallows into my cake batter before I baked them.
You can put them in after by digging out a hole in the cupcake while they're still warm,
or you can pipe some marshmallow creme into the center when it has cooled.

I also used a silicone candy/fondant mold to make the rose on top out of melted peppermint bark.

Enjoy!
Love, Saira

No comments:

Post a Comment